What Is Organic Traffic?
Organic traffic (or organic search traffic) refers to visitors who arrive at a website after conducting a search and clicking on an organic search result.
Paid traffic (paid search traffic) refers to visits from clicking on pay-per-click (PPC) advertisements on the search results page.
All search engine traffic can be classified as organic or paid.
You can increase organic website traffic by optimising your site content for search engine results pages (SERPs) (SEO).
Websites can attract visitors in addition to organic and paid search traffic…
- Direct traffic originates from a single source, such as typing the domain name into the browser’s search bar.
- Referral traffic is defined as traffic derived from hyperlinks on other websites.
- Organic social traffic: traffic derived from unpaid posts on social media sites.
Paid social traffic refers to traffic generated by paid posts on social media sites.
Benefits of Organic Traffic
Organic traffic is an excellent way to reach out to new customers online. It’s scalable, builds trust in your brand, and is completely free.
All it takes is dedication to SEO.
Among the most significant advantages of organic traffic are:
- It is completely free.
- You can reach people who have never heard of your brand before; you can attract visitors with relevant and specific intent, and you can reach people all over the world.
With a content/SEO strategy, it can be targeted and scaled.
- It can help you gain credibility.
- The market for search engines is expanding.
However, organic traffic has some drawbacks:
- When compared to paid search traffic, organic traffic growth can be slow.
- Not every search resulted in a click (zero-click searches)
- An SEO consultation or SEO service provider can be a good place to start.
Organic traffic is an excellent source of long-term success for your online business.
Keep in mind that not all organic traffic is created equal—traffic that directs visitors to your “money” pages and directs them to convert to your site is more valuable to your business.
You can begin your organic traffic growth journey today with a simple SEO strategy.